Appointment — Texas A&M University, Associate Professor (hired 2005)
- Doctor of Musical Arts in Composition, University of North Texas (2007)
- Master of Music & Bachelor of Arts in Music, Florida State University (2000, 1998)
Awards — 27 competitive prizes, commissions, fellowships, and research grants, totaling $79,208
- Winner. Radio Killed the Video Star, CUE Art Foundation, New York.
- First Prize. Viseu Rural 2.0, Portugal.
- Commission award. Environmental Art Biennale, I-Park Foundation, Connecticut
- Second Prize. Concours de Bourges, France.
- Third Prize. Music in Architecture—Architecture in Music, LBJ Presidential Library
- Third Prize. UnCaged Toy Piano, New York
- Semi-Finalist. American Prize, Chamber Music, Connecticut.
- Pre-Finalist (twice). Destellos Prize, Argentina.
- Cyprus (NeMe Arts Center, Limassol)
- France (Art & Science Days, Bourges)
- Sweden (Inter Arts Center, Lund University)
- Austin Museum of Art
- Flea Theater (Downtown New York)
Select Exhibitions — 67 unique works in 165 external presentations
- International Computer Music Conference: Gothenburg (Sweden), Singapore, Miami,
New Orleans, Copenhagen, Athens, and Daegu (South Korea)
- Sound and Music Computing Conference: Helsinki, Limassol (Cyprus)
- Generative Art International Conference: Milano Triennale Museum
- College Music Society: Helsinki and Santa Fe (NM)
- National Flute Society, Caesars Palace (Las Vegas)
- New York City Electroacoustic Music Festival (Downtown Manhattan): 2016 and 2018
- Open House Chicago (Chicago Architecture Foundation)
- Boston Microtonal Society
Select Publications — 2 CD albums, 6 CD/DVD tracks, 4 chapters, 4 articles, and 6 conference papers
- Full CD albums through Ravello/Naxos:
- Interfaces: Jazz Meets Electronics (2018; in press);
- With Strings: Live Sampling in Counterpoint (2019, in press).
- “Preparing Students to Engage the Arts in the 21st Century” In Analyzing Art, Culture,
and Design in the Digital Age. IGI Global.
- “Ontological Substance and Meaning in Live Electroacoustic Music” In Computer Music
Modeling and Retrieval. Springer.
- “Structure in the Dimension of Liveness and Mediation.” Leonardo Music Journal. MIT.
Select Curated/Edited Projects
- International Journal of Art, Culture and Design Technologies Editor-in-Chief.
- Weblogmusic. Collaborative performance internet platform.
- Fresh Minds Festival of audiovisual art. International competition. 2013–2917.
- Program and facility development at Texas A&M University. $782,026 in 39 internal grants.
Select coverage of my work in Array (ICMA), CODAmagazine, Composition Today, Cream City Review, The Improvisor, Sculpture, Synthtopia, and World Architecture.